Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading professional services firm that helps dynamic organizations go beyond industry standards. The client is respected globally, as one of the major accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators, and international standards. They are looking for a Payroll Specialist. The job is a Hybrid Set Up.
The Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for performing procedures assigned by the engagement Senior Accounting Specialist and/or Accounting Manager. Such procedures may vary with the nature and scope of the engagement and the experience of the Accounting Specialist. In all phases of an engagement, the Accounting Specialist is responsible for conducting the work in accordance with the quality standards of the Firm and of the profession.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper warehousing of working files and documents.
- Complete all required monitoring and surveys in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit accurate time reports in a timely manner.
- Always maintain confidentiality. Will not disclose or make use of any confidential information that he/she may acquire in the course of the engagement other than to properly perform his/her work in connection therewith.
- Understand the client's business industry and accounting principles and standards and taxation and relevant laws sufficiently to perform the job.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of client's accounting policies.
- Execute the procedures in the work program assigned to him/her by the engagement Senior Accounting Specialist and/or Accounting Manager.
- Update superiors of work progress; gives feedback on work performed, difficulties encountered, and issues identified.
- Upon instruction/approval by the Accounting Manager, communicate with the client with regards to accounting instructions, issues, etc.
- Produce deliverables that are 100% correct at all times.
- Demonstrate mastery and make effective use of job-related tools (e.g. Nexus, Office 365, Oracle, QuickBooks, Xero, etc.)
- Ensure that the deliverables are sent to the authorized recipients and right addresses and appropriately marked for confidentiality where necessary.
- Assume new or different work assignments and schedules willingly. Modify work methods to meet changing needs of the team or client, without compromising ethical standards.
- Show openness and objectivity in weighing conflicting opinions and approaches. Discuss matters willingly with teammates and superiors.
- Seek and recommend efficient and effective ways to accomplish objectives better.
- Show receptiveness to new ideas. Perform new and different approaches with a positive attitude and commitment to success.
- Perform any task or assignment that may, from time to time, be delegated by a superior.
- Request from the Senior Accounting Specialist or Accounting Manager Performance Appraisal Report (PAR) for each engagement.
- Comply in all required examinations initiated by the division (Diagnostic Exam, etc.).
- Participate in all internal audits of the division (IQCR, GTAR, etc.) as well as on external audits as deemed necessary.
- Accomplish Individual Development Plan and discuss with assigned coach
- Reach out to mentors and attend mentoring and coaching activities.
- Promote the image of the Firm as a provider of high-quality services through good customer relations and responsiveness to clients' needs, concerns, and requests.
- Work harmoniously and effectively with other members of the team.
- Actively participate in official firm activities such as staff meetings, quarterly socials, outings, among others.
- Maintain a "can-do" and positive attitude at all times in accepting assignments and working with any other P&A Grant Thornton personnel.
Key Job Requirements:
- College Degree in Accountancy
- Fresh graduates is welcome to apply
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Well-developed communication (oral and written), interpersonal skills and positive work attitude.