Contract Weeks: 14 | Guarantee 36/week | Days: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Hours will vary
|7569900||03/27/23 to 06/30/23||WATERBURY - 2666||New Opening|
|Shift||8:00 am||9:00 pm||30|
The primary purpose of this position is to assist customers with their health care needs by filling prescriptions, providing clinical services and excellent customer service while supervising Pharmacy associates. Frequent independent judgments are essential. All duties described in this document are to be performed in keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with medical-related issues and providing healthcare counseling.
- Supervise the work completed by support staff while on duty.
- Assist with training, coaching, and managing the pharmacy associates and assume management responsibility over the entire pharmacy as needed.
- Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
- Comply with HIPAA and all other applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Interact with physicians and utilize reference material to gain information on customers and prescriptions and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Assist with maintaining the Pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
- Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but not limited to, cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls to customers