Position Summary: Under the supervision of a pharmacist, as the pharmacy technician, fill prescription orders accurately and efficiently.
* Fill medication orders accurately and efficiently using the in-house system.
* Accurate counting of medications utilizing a manual process as well as Kirby counters.
* Assist the pharmacist with scanning and labeling of special program medication orders in the bulk area.
* Review order for special instructions such as safety caps and include appropriate paperwork and supplies with each order.
* Adhere to Pharmacy Tech protocol and sign off that guidelines are understood (yearly) Perform ancillary duties to support all Fulfillment functions. Replenish stock and perform cleaning and maintenance for all pill counting equipment.
This role also ensures the pharmacy pick and pack stations are properly stocked and maintained with medication and supplies, place approved orders for shipping supplies, assist in maintaining dispensing and back stock refrigerators in a well-organized manner, and to assist in receiving, posting, put-away, and cycle counting functions.
Assist in the packing orders /shipping area when necessary or day to day basis.
Duties: * At least 1 year experience as a pharmacy technician coordinating activities in an administrative support function. * National pharmacy technician certification. Eligible for state registration, certification or license per state regulations. * Advanced computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
Experience: Minimum (1) year experience required in retail or mail order pharmacy for fill prescription orders accurately and efficiently. Replenish stock and perform cleaning and maintenance for all pill counting equipment. Also with experience with inventory functions.
Timings: Mon - Fri 6am - 3pm or Mon - Fri 10am - 7pm.