Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Technology Division is partnered with a global advisory and intermediary firm who are looking for a talented business intelligence developer to spearhead Analysis Services and Power BI design and development, and surface internal & client-facing dashboards and reports. In addition, you will be enabled to improve on our existing business intelligence models, development processes, standards, and documentation. You're committed to delivering high quality output and you're excited about making a big impact on a small, diverse global team.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis and wide knowledge of BI, warehousing, data integration, data modelling and presentation concepts. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a strong business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we'd like to meet you.
Success in this role will see the following achieved:
Business Intelligence Architecture
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of our business intelligence architecture and assist in discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success.
- Analyze existing operational standards, processes, and / or governance to identify and implement improvements.
- Understand and effectively discuss business and / or data requirements to set functional and technical specifications for solutions and ultimately design and develop models, dashboards, and reports addressing the business or client needs.
- Identify key performance indicators with clear objectives.
- Develop and execute SQL queries and conduct data analyses and reconciliations.
- Quickly shape data into reporting and analytical solutions to fast-track requirements clarification and solutioning.
- Align data warehouse development to ensure minimal maintenance and sustainability of business intelligence solutions.
- Create and maintain best-practice and versatile yet integrated tabular or multidimensional Analysis Services models that act as semantic layer for business and client dashboards and reports.
- Perform DAX or MDX queries and functions.
- Developing visually appealing strategic and operational KPI scorecards, dashboards, and interactive reports using Power BI desktop with the ability to drill down data to visualize it in the best possible ways to aid insightful analyses and / or decision-making.
- Implement row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Consistently monitor identified key performance indicators.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate similar data and solutions.
- Perform performance analyses for continuous improvement.
- Respect and work within the boundaries of data governance.
Production Support and Maintenance
- Manage and administer all aspects of the businesses intelligence environment, including provisioning, configuration, performance monitoring, policy governance, security, and access control.
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards.
- Provide continuous support to resolve issues and to redefine and make technical or strategic changes to enhance existing solutions.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to interact with business as well as technical teams.
- Strong communication and client management skills.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to the fast-changing business environment.
- Ability to multitask and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Document process, models, designs, and solutions and able to explain, represent, and discuss with stakeholders & teams.
- Apply learned lessons into future solution considerations.
- Analytical mindset with a problem-solving approach.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- A team player and able to take initiative, lead and initiate
Qualifications & Experience.
- A relevant bachelor's or master's degree and Microsoft Power BI certifications.
- Certifications from leading platforms like Udemy, Coursera, Pluralsight or edX.
- Over 5 years' experience in related roles with the expectation that you have sound knowledge of database management, SQL querying, data modelling, data warehousing, business intelligence, and OLAP.
- Sound knowledge of, and over 5 years' experience in the Microsoft BI stack, specifically Power BI, Power BI Embedded, Power Query, Power Pivot, Analysis Services, DAX & MDX and an expert in using advanced-level calculations.
- Effective software development life cycle management skills.
- Knowledge of UI / UX development will be advantageous.
- Insurance and Asset Management industry experience will be advantageous.