A global investment company requires an experienced Procurement Assistant to lead robust procurement processes from end to end for their London office, including supplier sourcing, negotiation, supplier management as well as internal process compliance. This is a 6 month contract reporting into the Office Manager and starting asap
- Develop and own the procurement management process of the business.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Have a thorough understanding of commercial contracts and ensure all corporate legal and compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers to maximise cost saving, quality, and service.
- Engage with the business to identify requirements, create purchase requests with correct budget coding and seek approvals as appropriate.
- Timely creation of purchase orders and ensure good/services receipts are correctly matched on Workday.
- Validate invoices to purchase orders making sure invoice details are accurate including the appropriate VAT treatment.
- Liaise with Finance and outsourced service providers for the timely settlement of invoices and track supplier payments.
- Working with internal teams to ensure supplier onboarding takes place in line with legislation and policy, including data & cyber security procedures.
- Prepare procurement reports as required.
- Assist the Office Manager in taking inventory of office supplies and ensuring stock levels are adequately maintained.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining office procedures in line with Group and local policies.
- Assist with internal/external communications, meeting arrangements and office maintenance which includes liaison with building maintenance and security.
- Develop strong relationships with Office Managers, Executive Assistants, and other stakeholders from international offices to ensure the procurement management process is efficient.
- Identifying and proposing areas for process improvement.
- Previous experience in a similar role or a role which includes the above duties
- Strong understanding of procurement processes and procedures.
- The ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships.
- Highly numerate and problem-solving mindset.
- Well organised, self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- The ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience in using Workday is preferred.
If you possess the relevant skills and experience and are available immediately, please submit your CV today