Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a global leader
within the development and manufacturing of chemicals. Our esteemed client focuses on delivering their chemicals which make a difference to daily life and contribute to a more sustainable future.
The successful candidate will lead the Procurement Department for an efficient and cost effective Purchasing, Inbound
Logistics and storage of all raw materials, spares, consumables, equipment, services, contracts, tenders and other goods meeting the relevant regulatory & safety requirement and overall company objectives.
Key job responsibilities include:
* Carry out all duties at all times in compliance with all Corporate EHS, Product Stewardship, SOX and business
conduct policies and guidelines.
* Establish service level for provision of procurement and inventory services to internal customers and align
resources to support high quality of service delivery.
* Align purchasing activities with supply chain production plan by incorporating elements of flexibility in purchasing
commitments, responsiveness to changing circumstances and security of supply. Ensure timely supply of the right
materials and services at the right quantity and at the optimum price level.
* Align inventory strategies, policies and procedures for raw materials, spares and consumables with production
plan while maintaining inventory accuracy i.e. preventing zero stock, eliminating stock discrepancies with correct
receiving and issuing.
* Lead tender process from establishing tender document until presentation to tender committee and provide
comprehensive risk and value proportional analysis to support a particular decision.
* Formulate, propose and negotiate contracts and NDA, work with legal team and superior for contract & NDA
* Lead, coach, motivate and train team members to upgrade their skill. Improve competency, encourage career &
personal development and improve discipline.
* Manage formal performance reviews by establishing clear tracking tools, issuing monitoring reports and taking
necessary action to protect business interests
* Provide important and critical information to respective stakeholders for decision making.
* Ensure the overall business requirements are optimized and value adding activities and transformative ideas are
* Monitor macro trends in the local market and provide local market information to key stockholders
* Develop new business prospects which are able to bring new ideas, business partnerships, mutual benefits and
Key job requirements include:
* Minimum 15 years of experience in managing broad categories of purchasing activities in a multinational
* Experience in managing commercial functions, contact negotiations and adherence to business workflow to
ensure deliveries meet or exceed target levels
* Previous experience in a resource management and/or commercial role would be an advantage
* Able to manage conflicting interests and keep all interested well informed about changes
* Skill negotiator and interpersonal communication
* Knowledgeable a legal requirement, work systems and relevant procedures
* Highly organised and ability to resolve intimate problem
* Good networking contacts to benchmark performance
* Good knowledge of supplier availability
* Well verse with Internal Contract Procedures