International award-winning executive recruitment expert Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a premier pharmaceutical manufacturing organization in Vietnam. Our client is seeking a Procurement Manager with at least 5 years of procurement and planning experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
This position will be responsible for leading and executing purchasing and sourcing strategies, analyzing markets, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and building strong working relationships with suppliers and stakeholders in Vietnam, China, and India.
This permanent position is based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Reporting to the Deputy General Director, the Procurement Manager will lead the team of 10+ members and be responsible for working with executive management and functional stakeholders to identify best-in-class category practices, strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, and stakeholder relationship management
- Purchasing Strategy:
- Generate/place purchase orders with vendors in a timely manner based on Demand Planning.
- Maintain supplier agreements to ensure that performance and future business needs are aligned and company expectations are met.
- Collaborate with all departments (Quality, Production, Regulatory, etc.) to support their requirements.
- Sourcing Strategy: Lead sourcing strategy development. Lead cross-functional team to deep dive business needs, conduct industry analysis/benchmarking, identify gaps and unmet needs.
- Reshape Supplier base: Develop and maintain the right suppliers meeting the quality requirements, performance, compliance, and price competitiveness. Identify opportunities for supplier reduction, creation of value, supply chain improvement, and improve effectiveness. Lead supplier relationship management to continuously meet business needs.
- Drive Spend productivity: Be fully accountable for delivering financial commitments on category target; identify cost improvement programs, price negotiation, and sourcing change, etc. to continuously achieve spend productivity
- Support cross-functional project team in New Product Introduction/Development
- Contract management: Ensure contractual compliance for respective spend, Facilitate the establishment of optimum supply agreements, and ensure that, they are aligned with category strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering
- Minimum 5-year experience in similar purchasing/sourcing/procurement manager positions at pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of strategic sourcing, tactical procurement
- Good relationship with suppliers.
- Good in data/figures and analytical & negotiation skills
- Result and cost-oriented.
- Good command of English.