Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a European MNC and a world leader in developing, engineering and supplying technologies, processing plants and proprietary equipment for Oils & Fats, Animal Feed & Agro Food, Oleochemicals & Biodiesel Detergents, Surfactants & Chemicals amongst many others. Our highly-respected client is seeking a technical professional, with at least 5 years' experience in process plant design and project execution for the job of Regional Project Engineer.
The winning candidate will be working with the engineering team to execute bio diesel and oleo chemical projects at a local and global scale while being based in Selangor and reporting to the Head of Projects.
- Coordinate with the engineering team to prepare technical data sheet and evaluate technical drawings, plant layout and p&id diagrams for new projects.
- Plan and prepare project schedules, standard operating procedures (including safety procedures) and checklists for all projects and monitor the progress. Ensure all procurements are compliance with regulatory requirement and specifications.
- Establish project technical requirements, including preparing and maintaining design basis documents, document list, project distribution, technical evaluation protocol and formats, and project procedures.
Installation & commissioning:
- Liaise with client's consultants, contractors in project execution /commissioning to ensure projects are carried out within proper design code and safe practices to avoid delays.
- To ensure all the installation are install in accordance to the standard and specifications
- To participate in commissioning activities.
- Determine project schedule and study project plan.
- Prepare status reports and regularly monitor budgets, contractors and schedules
- Control project plan by reviewing quotation versus technical sheet
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with other department within the company
- Interact daily or meet with clients intermittently to interpret their needs and requirements.
- To ensure plant are commissioned in accordance to contract and plant acceptance certificate is sign by the end client
- To ensure all the payment are collected
Key job requirements include:
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5-10 years of Oleo Chemical, Oil & Fats or Oil & Gas Technology Experience.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Polished and professional image.
- Effective in preparing and conducting group presentations
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction
- Efficient time management and activity planning skills.
- Commitment to achievement of company objectives.
- Aspiration to advance into positon of increasing responsibility.