Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading Indonesian manufacturing (manufacturing). As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 15-20 years' experience in industrial products for the job of Purchasing Manager. The job is based in East Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Report directly to the President Director.
- Planning, developing, and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment needed in a timely manner and cost effective while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Overseeing daily activities, responding to a range of inquiries regarding process and bid status, negotiation terms and conditions with vendors and or service providers and achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
- This position shall work within the framework of annual budget, operating within the limits of the company's philosophy and directives, as laid down from time to time.
- To administer bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance within established limits for securing items and/or services within budget.
- Ensure compliance with a wide variety of purchasing policies and procedures, and / or monitoring purchasing processes.
- Serve as liaison with vendors for the purpose of monitoring and consolidation of orders for better management of expenses.
- Drive continuous improvement programs to achieve these goals and objectives.
- Design and drive process optimization to improve efficiency by studying and implementing cost reduction for both raw materials and package materials.
- Oversees required purchasing processes for acquiring necessary resources.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals
- Bachelor (S1) degree in Industrial Engineering or any Engineering from well-known university.
- Strong background from mechanical or rotating equipment manufacturing company.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in material purchasing area and procurement, and at least 5 years in managerial level form foreign investment company (US, Europe, or Australia).
- Have a good leadership and initiative for innovation and unlimited creativity to always deliver fresh and exciting ideas.
- Must-have data-interpreting and analytic-thinking skills.
- Have strong communication, presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic, aggressive, proactive, enterprising personality and always-strive-for-more attitudes.
- Good communication skill in both Bahasa and English.
- Excellent skills in computer & Microsoft Office.