Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a global MNC in designing and producing customized industrial packaging solutions for advanced technology segments industries, known for their sustainable packaging solutions and commitment to reducing their environmental impact through innovative and sustainable packaging materials and design. The incumbent will be reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager and will be based in Penang.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced QA Engineer as they are strengthening our team in Penang with QA Manager, Packaging to ensure the quality of the products. Job in Brief:
- To manage QA department daily activities (inspection of purchased parts, sub-assemblies, finished goods and first article inspection) and ensure QA function run smoothly.
- To drive overall company quality management system in compliance to ISO 9001, ISO14001, ISO 13485 and RBA.
- Responsible in management of quality assurance system including but not limited to identifying, developing and establishing quality assurance standards such as standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions, guidelines, forms etc.
- To work closely with production department, sourcing department and/or supplier on matters related to quality.
- To handle quality issues until timely closure (include to drive containment actions, corrective actions and preventive actions internally and externally through root cause analysis).
- To prepare 8D reports for customer, issue non-conformance report to suppliers and internal non-conformance report due to nonconformity.
- Review and identify internal/external manufacturing risks and improvement potentials, assuring actions are taken to close identified gaps.
- To analyze data, provide suggestions for improvements and lead improvement project until closure.
- Team player who thrives on deadlines-driven new product introduction (NPI) project and able to deliver under pressure.
- To lead internal/external audits.
- To monitor supplier performance and conduct audit to suppliers.
- To develop and monitor calibration programs of measurement devices.
- To ensure inspection of purchased parts, subassemblies or finished product according to defined criteria (include FAI inspection).
- To approve inspected materials that conform to specifications.
- Authority to stop production when there is non-conformance material produced.
- To track quality performance (including supplier performance) and prepare quality reports.
- Responsible for document control (upkeep of filing and data entry accurately).
- Any other tasks assigned by superior as deem necessary from time to time. Health and Safety Duties:
- Practice, safeguard, and promote the Company's Code of Conduct, mission statement, and values in terms of health and safety
- Coordinate and ensure all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure company meets its statutory obligations in all área pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure completion and regular review of risk assessment for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills/or fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- To prepare management review report and provide regular reports to management team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Possess at least Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Material Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experience in product quality or related field.
- Must with industrial deep packaging experience in plastics thermoforming, injection molding, extrusion and good knowledge in hard disk/semiconductor clean room requirements.
- Knowledge with corrugated, foam, wooden crate and ESD-related packaging products is a plus.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO13485, RBA or Code of Conduct knowledge are preferable.
- Well-versed with proven ability with MS Office.
- Knowledge in ERP system.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex business-related documents.
- A conscientious and self-starter who is able to plan, organise and take initiative to meet job objectives and tight deadlines independently.
- Possess strong problem solving, analytical, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Good learning ability, adaptability and flexibility.
- Can-do attitude, driven and passionate about work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills