Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a European MNC and a world leader in the field of chemical manufacturing (to be elaborated confidentially). Our highly respected client is seeking for a Regional E-commerce Manager (APAC) to drive strategies for the e-commerce platforms across APAC.
As the e-Commerce Manager Asia Pacific, your primary responsibility is to develop and execute the eCommerce strategy for our ITC markets in AP. This role involves enabling our Industrial Distribution Partners to thrive in the eCommerce space, creating eCommerce strategies for key MRO & Trade Partners and expanding our presence on various marketplaces to support the sales growth. Other key focuses will be on driving growth and improving marketplaces, additionally, the incumbent will oversee the implementation of self-service platforms to enhance the customer experience, establish strategic KPIs, and empower the sales and marketing teams to achieve their targets. Your goal is to maximize growth and profitability in the industrial eCommerce channels to support the AP growth strategy.
Key job responsibilities include:
- You will be working independently with no direct reports (support is country level wise for execution).
- Travel Requirements - Approximately 20%
- Development of an eCommerce Roadmap across Asia Pacific
- Drive higher growth on existing E-commerce business in Japan and Australia.
- Digitally Enablement / Dedicated online platforms
- Identify and support key industry trade partners and MROs with dedicated B2B platforms
- Ensure that the business is represented on partner websites with the optimal content through appropriate healthcheck and actions.
- Joint marketing activities and KPIs to enable and enhance their e-commerce business especially the business' products.
- Oversee the selection, enablement and cooperation with identified key partners
- Ensure that the Company's assortments are represented on identified platforms with optimal content through appropriate healthchecks and price optimizations
- E-commerce self service platforms (In-house platform) or Equivalent)
- Regional key user and expert supporting in trainings, system enhancements and troubleshooting
- Evaluate the best e-commerce self service solutions for Asia Pacific
- Set the groundwork for implementation in Asia pacific
- Drive the implementation in Asia pacific in collaboration with the global and local teams
- Manage and optimize our self-service e-commerce platform, including product listings, pricing, and promotions, in the Asia Pacific region
- Ensure the content meets the requirements of the market via market intelligence and customer intimacy
- Working with operations and sales to ensure efficiency gains are delivered through optimal use of the platform
- Measure and report on effectiveness of platform in delivering the identified KPI's
- Analyse e-commerce performance data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement in the Asia Pacific region.
- Develop and manage budgets for e-commerce operations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Stay up to date with e-commerce trends, best practices, and technologies in the Asia Pacific region, with a focus on driving e-commerce across different languages and cultures.
Key Job requirements include:
a. Educational qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or above in the following fields preferred: Marketing/Marketing Communication, Sales or Business Administration
- Languages: Fluent English, additional Asian and German is a plus
b. Relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce, with a focus on marketplaces, web shop development, and customer self-service e-commerce platforms in the Asia Pacific region.
- Deep understanding of e-commerce best practices, online marketplaces, web shop development, and customer self-service e-commerce platforms in the Asia Pacific region.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze e-commerce performance data and identify trends and opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and across different cultures and languages in the Asia Pacific region.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in the Asia Pacific region.
- Experience managing budgets for e-commerce operations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Proficiency in e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, Magento, or WooCommerce.
- Experience with Amazon, Lazada, Shopee, and other key Japanese and Korean marketplaces in the Asia Pacific region.
- Experience building customer self-service e-commerce platforms in the Asia Pacific region is a plus.
- Experience driving e-commerce across different languages and cultures in the Asia Pacific region is a plus
c. Personal characteristics & behavior
- Ability to lead multi-cultural teams of non-direct reports
- Intercultural competence to work effectively in global environment
- Be able to manage complex & multi-dimensional projects
- Structured, strong analytical and project management skills
- Desire to take balanced risks and lead change
- High self-motivation and continuously self-improvement
- Results oriented