Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a property platform company based in Australia.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced .NET Software Engineering professional that can set and own the technical direction of their product for the position of Lead Software Engineer.
The Lead Software Engineer will be working closely with the Product Manager and Head of Engineering and be accountable for the technical delivery of customer-ready features. The Lead Software Engineer will be a role model for our client's ways of working and be passionate about coaching, mentoring and developing others to be the best versions of themselves. The Lead Software Engineer will provide technical guidance and leadership, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow every day.
The Lead Software Engineer should have a deep and mature understanding of the complete software development/testing life cycle and shall possess a demonstrable ability to work independently and drive the team effectively.The job offers a remote work arrangement.
Key job responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the technical delivery of your product.
- Makes significant contributions to the overall architecture and technical roadmap for the company.
- Helps define and improve the internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Works within the Agile processes, participate in scrum ceremonies and present product functionalities to stakeholders.
- Leads the technical design, breakdown and estimation of high-level requirements.
- Solves technical problems of high scope and complexity with boring solutions. Everyone is responsible for finding ways to simplify and improve the features.
- Leads the monitoring and observing of the application in a production environment.
- Leads and mentor junior members of the team, including regular 1:1 sessions, career coaching, and performance management.
Key job requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience software development with strong background in backend and exposure on .Net, ASP.net, MSSQL, Reactjs, behavior-driven, AWS infrastructure, software architecture, microservices and design pattern.
- A track record of leading the technical delivery of features within a team
- Good experience with API design, frameworks and tooling
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem or demonstrable experience in other cloud providers
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and test-driven development (BDD and TDD)
- Experience with APM, log aggregation, alerting, analytics (observability)
- Familiarity with cross-functional teams and partnering with stakeholders such as architecture, security and product on the design and delivery of features
- An effective communicator that is comfortable leading an Agile cross-functional team