Sales Director, VAR/End User - US Remote
The Sales Director is responsible for all sales activity and quota attainment within his/her designated region for the VAR/End User segment. The Sales Director hires, trains, mentors, motivates, and manages a team of Territory Account Managers (TAMs) and Partner Account Managers (PAMs) that are dedicated to build repeatable business through the VAR channel. This team is working energetically with teammates from the Sales Engineering team, SDR team and Marketing to provide stellar service to partners. The Sales Director leads by example and exhibits excellent follow through with each member of the team as well as the key stakeholders in the VAR channel. The Sales Director leads members of the team toward best practices in primary TAM functions of recruiting, enabling, and maximizing the productivity of VAR partners, ultimately driving toward established revenue targets.
The Sales Director's primary focus is on helping each TAM and PAM to maximize productivity and build consistent revenue through these partners. The Sales Director also will drive and direct PAMs to establish aggressive, but achievable joint business plans with the Managed VAR segment. The Sales Director supports, mentors, and nurtures each TAM and PAM and the team. The Sales Director supports the priorities and objectives of executive and sales management, the team and other appropriate departments. The Sales Director's primary success metric is the attainment of assigned quarterly and annual revenue targets. The Sales Director is a mentor to, a resource for and is intimately familiar with the performance of each TAM and PAM and a selected list of Managed VARs. The Sales Director regularly travels with the team, directly observing and documenting performance in all key job elements. The Sales Director provides frequent and timely feedback on performance ensuring that the team is focusing on the most important success metrics. Additionally, the Sales Director provides formal performance evaluations and appropriately manages the performance of individuals and the team collectively.
This role can be located remotely in the US or near our offices in Eden Prairie, MN or Draper, UT
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources (PAM).
- Demonstrates consistent achievement of sales targets
- Is pursuing a data driven approach to optimize the sales capacity and maximizes the conversion to revenue.
- Develops plans and manages performance of sales region, enabling the region and individual territories to consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets
- Manages the appropriate pipeline coverage through the VAR channel in conjunction with the Marketing and SDR team.
- Works with Human Resources department to recruit, hire and train new TAMs and PAMs
- Ensures each TAM and PAM is properly on-boarded, given access to, and trained on the tools that enable him or her to excel as a member of the team
- Sets the example in areas of personal character, commitment, sales skills, and work habits
- Works to understand, support, evangelize then educate team members on company and management direction
- Promotes teamwork, within the team and the extended teams from the VARs.
- Regularly evaluates the performance of the team and works with all available resources to improve performance and processes
- Works closely with Marketing and the SDR team to identify and drive partner activities and events
- Identifies and manages inadequate sales performance in collaboration with HR
- Regularly communicates performance feedback and completes formal written performance reviews with each member of the team to ensure clarity of actual performance in relation to management expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Five (5) plus years sales experience in the backup, disaster recovery, storage, or security software market or similar
- Five (5) plus years of sales management experience
- Channel sales experience required
- Technical aptitudes in virtualization, server, and network infrastructure
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proven work-ethic and time-management skills
- Energy, drive and determination to excel
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Highly motivated self-starter and strategic thinker with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, challenging, and team-sales environment
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Extensive training, sales, and presentation skills
- Experience staffing a sales team including hiring and on-boarding new sales professionals
Travel: Up to 60%