Executive search firm Monroe Consulting PH is recruiting on behalf of a European fruit trading company based in Malaysia that supplies fresh fruits into Southeast Asia markets. They service wholesalers, retailers, caterers, and other entities. Our respective client sources produce from North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. We are looking for a candidate to manage their sales into the Philippines market. The job will be based in Manila, Philippines and will require national and overseas travel.
- Generate sales and maintain the existing customer base.
- Keeping in contact with existing customers in person and by phone/ email.
- Making appointments and meeting new customers.
- Maintaining consistent contact and providing sales and service to all customers.
- Regular contact with retailers, importers, distributors & wholesalers to ensure a seamless continuity of efforts.
- Negotiating sales, prices, volumes, qualities, contracts, and payments.
- Meeting gross profit targets.
- Promoting new products and any special deals.
- Giving feedback on market prices.
- Performing store audits to ascertain our distribution and competitive status. Understand what the local selling environment is for our fruits and qualities.
- Understanding selling points & competitors.
- Data analysis: Absorb information to be able to assess market conditions and areas of improvement.
- Monthly forecast of sales.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within sales in the FMCG business. Preference for fresh or frozen foods & dry goods; baked goods.
- Relevant bachelor's degree in business or marketing. (Sales skills and experience count more than formal qualifications).
- Languages: English and Filipino
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Confidence, motivation, and determination.
- Good communication skills and "people skills''.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge about your products and markets.
- Good business sense and a professional manner.
- Quantitative and qualitative market research skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.