Executive recruitment firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an innovative technology solutions provider focused on Cyber Security, Hybrid Cloud, Global Network Management, Disaster Recovery, and traditional Managed Services.
Our respected client is seeking a SOC Analyst 1 to take a role within the company's Security Operation Center assist. The SOC Analyst I is expected to continuously monitor and improve the customers' security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents utilizing technology and well-defined processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for information security and will value what a properly managed Security monitoring solution can bring to our client needs.
Key job responsibilities:
- Perform security event monitoring using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) from multiple sources, including but not limited to, events from network and host-based intrusion detection/prevention systems, network infrastructure logs, systems logs, applications, and databases.
- Investigate intrusion attempts, differentiate false positives from true intrusion attempts, and perform analysis of exploits.
- Proactive monitoring and response of known and/or emerging threats.
- Carry out the company's information security strategy both internally and externally for 400+ clients in the northeast.
- Analyze data from our SOC and SIEM and determine if further analysis is needed.
- Work within the company's security standards and best practices and recommend future enhancements.
- Manage our clients' security awareness training to help their end users be as safe as possible.
- Analyze vulnerability scans and determine remediation steps
- Stay abreast of security events and techniques to keep our clients protected.
- Build awareness through training and education.
Key job requirements:
- Has knowledge of the following systems and technologies:
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing, and switching
- IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing
- Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Windows, UNIX, and Linux operating systems o Network protocols and packet analysis tools
- EDR, Anti-virus, and anti-malware
- Content filtering
- Email and web gateway.
- Understanding of cybersecurity threats, and experience with incident response standards and procedures.
- Demonstrates comprehension of good security practices
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to analyze a large amount of data from various sources and use this information to solve complex problems and make good decisions. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate within the team and other stakeholders.
- Computer Networking & Security
- Vulnerability Discovery and Analysis
- Operating System Internals
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, etc.).
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of common Windows and Linux/Unix system calls and APIs
- Understand Anti-Virus
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Knowledge of internal file structures for file formats commonly associated with malware (e.g., OLE, RTF, PDF, EXE, etc.)