Semiconductor Product Development Project Manager
Initial 12 month freelance contract + extensions
About the role
The Project Manager is accountable to achieve defined project results. Accountable for execution of assigned R&D projects according to the project plan and within agreed boundaries (including specification, quality, timing, costs, information/reporting and organization). Responsible for communication within the core team as well as management team.
What you will do
- Manage the project lifecycle and the core team from project start to close.
- Accountable to define the project plan, deliverables, risks and timeline in agreement with all relevant stakeholders, both internal and external (management, quality, package, test, external manufacturing, assembly, etc).
- Responsible to prepare, document, execute and track regular project progress on gate milestones and stakeholder management (including pre-gate alignments and/or escalations).
- Accountable to define competencies and resources needed.
- Challenge team members to meet committed project deliverables. Identify gaps in skills and performance of the team during the project, escalating as needed.
- Initiates and chairs core weekly team meetings with multiple global time zones.
- Responsible to ensure project quality standards are defined, met and completed according to plan by the core team.
- Provide input about performance of team members to the resource managers as requested.
- Initiate and contribute to continuous improvement activities related to business processes and procedures.
What you will need
- Bachelor or Master's degree in engineering discipline
- Experience in Semiconductor industry
- Knowledge and experience in leading project management tools
- Strong leadership skills in building and leading project teams in a global, multicultural environment.
- Comfort in operational guidance and conflict management.
- Delivering on commitments, demonstrating full accountability for project deliverables, removing obstacles.
- Demonstrating customer obsession by actively looking for opportunities to reduce time to market.
- Demonstrating an owner's mindset, critical judgement and the ability to build winning teams.
- Very good communication, organization, and negotiation skills including stakeholder management up to an executive management level.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, preferably electrical engineering or microelectronics
- At least 10 years of experience in Project Management experience in semiconductor product development
- Leadership skills in building and leading project teams in a global, intercultural environment