Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a chartered accounting firm. Our highly respected client is seeking for a Senior Audit Associate, with at least 3 years' of audit experience. The job is based in Kuala Lumpur.
The ideal candidate will play a crucial role and act as a key member in the team responsible for own portfolios of clients and providing mentor to subordinates. Overseeing a series of planning, executing, and managing audit engagements with strict compliance to deliver high-quality audit services.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Planning and completing audit procedures as per the firm's audit methodology and ISA.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior audit staff, reviewing their work and ensuring compliance with audit standards.
- Performing walkthroughs with process owners to identify key processes and controls, as well as identifying gaps.
- Anticipating and identifying risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensuring that financial statements of companies are prepared in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Reviewing reports and drafting management letters.
- Reviewing consolidation accounts.
Key Job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance or any relevant qualifications.
- Professional accountancy qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years of Audit experience.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to establish excellent client and staff relationship.
- Knowledge in accounting standards and auditing guidelines
- Stamina to work under tight deadlines.
- Passion to deliver high quality work.
- Driven by professionalism and integrity.
- Great communication skills and fluency in English language