Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading technology company who offers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions for the job of Senior Cloud Engineer.
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure. The Senior Cloud Engineer is also responsible for identifying the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintaining cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. The job is based in Taguig City, Philippines and currently offers a hybrid work arrangement.
Key job responsibilities:
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
Key job requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Knowledge on cloud methodologies like PaaS and SaaS
- Relevant experience in programming languages like Python, orchestration systems such as Chef, Azure IaaS servers, PowerShell scripting.
- At least 3 years Python experience
- At least 3 years Terraform experiences (Automating Cloud Native Infrastructure plus. Building and customizing large modules.)
- At least 3 years using revision control (git) and collaboration platforms (GitHub, BitBucket, AzureDevOps)
- Understanding of CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Experience with Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deploying and orchestrating containers with Terraform Plus
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines end-to-end - Jenkins experience
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems experience
- Google Cloud education/certification
- AWS education/certification
- Large Data Center engineer/operations experience - network, systems, or storage engineering
- Should be open to work on a rotational schedule and hybrid work arrangment