Senior Developer, Commodities Technology
This is a role for a highly experienced and highly motivated full-stack software developer delivering software solutions for the Commodities trading desk.
The main responsibilities include analysis, design, development and delivery of features in a challenging and ever-changing environment for front-office users across all functional groups of Financial Markets Commodities division.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Working as part of the Commodities Technology team, which develops the technology solutions for supporting the Commodities sales and trading businesses at the company.
- Dependable experienced developer able to take ownership and leadership of tasks and drive them personally to successful delivery.
- Innovator and intellectual leader.
- Problem solver taking passion in resolving complicated problems.
- Driven individual motivated by delivering successful solutions to users and using any means and technologies necessary to do so.
- Work with an Agile team to develop, test and maintain applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories and estimates.
- Work with databases, software algorithms and design patterns.
- Design, develop and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Develop, refine and tune integration between applications.
- Track and maintain code coverage, system performance and system security.
- Work with a mature DevOps software delivery process.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the company. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Commodities Front Office users including Sales, Trading, Structuring. Control functions including product control, market risk, credit risk, regulatory operations, regulatory technology, operations, application development teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8 year's experience working as a Front office developer in investment banking / FI.
- Skilled in pattern design and analytical thinking.
- Strong domain knowledge of Agile and its processes.
- Experience in developing robust, distributed, scalable, high production quality applications.
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team orientated collaborative environment.
- High competency in software development using Java, React and relational databases such as Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with developing micro services, test driven development and DevOps.
- Agile Scrum Master
Desirable but not Essential
- Familiarity with Commodities trading business, risk management.
- Scrum Master and Product Owner certification.
- Prior experience in retail banking, private banking and wealth management.
- Knowledge and previous experience in maintaining and supporting Development tools.
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Self-starter who can "own" the tool set and provide a first-class service to stakeholders.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- React, Angular or other UI
- Relational Databases: Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Micro-services architecture
- Software testing, including test automation
- Messaging middleware: Solace, JMS or others
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, License No.: 11C4684