Electronic Design Engineer
Initial 3 month contract + extensions
SRL/TRL-uplift (System/Technology Readiness Level) of applications from our client's different research groups in the domain of life sciences, imaging, smart sensor systems, flexible electronics, etc. Development of Electronic System prototypes and demonstrators for ASICs or research applications.
In the department BESOLUTIONS, the SYSELECTRON team supports various research groups for our client in the development of Electronic System prototypes and demonstrators for ASIC or research applications. Working in close cooperation with other Solutions teams the SRL/TRL-uplift (System/Technology Readiness Level) is obtained of applications from our client's different research groups in the domain of life sciences, imaging, smart sensor systems, flexible electronics, etc.
- Your broad electronics knowledge allows you to:
- Select electronic system parts for rapid prototyping and build feasibility setups using internal and COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) building blocks
- Create implementation specifications, design and verification documentation.
- Design electronic circuits & boards based on implementation requirements and architecture for LVP (Low Volume Production) applications according to internal guidelines and release procedures.
- Verification of electronic boards and systems using various types of lab equipment
- You take ownership throughout the whole design process together with different teams of multidiscipline engineers and supply chain management.
- You report to all project stakeholders in close cooperation with project management.
- You are result driven and want to get the job done.
- Your tasks also include market screening of COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) building blocks, specifications documentation, critical components selection and evaluation, availability screening, electrical parameter calculations, circuit simulation, principal schematic design and review, board technology and layout specifications and review, bring-up and validation's measurement plan (including lab setup definition), system verification, validation, and test plan documentation.
- You work intensely together with other team members and across teams to realize the designs. Next to that, you have frequent contacts with supply chain and suppliers.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a master's degree in electronics engineering or similar through experience.
- You have a strong background in electronics design, Altium Designer environment and verification using simulation tools and various lab equipment like DMM, Power Supplies, Bench Oscilloscopes, Signal Analyzers and generators, .... .
- You have in-depth knowledge in one or more fields of expertise:
- Analog front end design with focus on linearity, stability, high dynamics, and low noise with integrated multichannel ADC/DAC with highspeed serial or parallel interfaces.
- Digital hardware designs with focus on FPGA SoC, FMC mezzanines, PXI, Ethernet, USB, PCIe, SerDes, ...
- Interfaces using Gigabit links and high-speed data busses: Transmission line design & debug, Signal integrity and Jitter Noise analysis.
- Power Design and Integrity for on-board POL designs or HV drivers/bridges (low power and noise critical implementations).
- Board Technology specifications for Rigid or Flex Designs, ASIC packaging and wire bonding for Chip-on-Board or Interposer designs.
- Basic knowledge of firmware or software development principles is a plus.
- You work professionally, structured, striving for the objectives to achieve and deliver high quality. You are result driven and want to get the job done.
- You enjoy working in a multicultural team.
- You have excellent communication skills that allow you to report efficiently to project management, to cooperate and participate in the team.
- You speak/read/write fluently English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You have a minimum of 10-15 years of industrial experience in a similar function.