Senior Firewall Engineer
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
Eindhoven, Netherlands (3 days onsite / 2 days remote per week)
Provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Global Connectivity is the team that designs, builds and operates the core network infrastructure within the group. We are a diverse mix with over a hundred network professionals in different levels of seniority that support our network infrastructure and the related components. In our current evolution we transforming into a state of the art network capability and are looking for the right talent to help us in our journey.
* Ensuring the stable and reliable operation of the Global Connectivity IT infrastructure
* Implementing and maintaining automated unit and integration testing, supported by a fully automated; continuous build / continuous deployment (CI/CD);
* With a group of dedicated internal and external staff you will help in building up a service that troubleshoots complicated and complex problems for our IT customers.
* Standardize and document development and deployment operations and methods
* Develop and promote automation methodologies to drive continuous delivery and integration
* Working with the product owner and product manager to understand and design (high-level) features (stories).
* Provide project support and guidance for Lifecycle management of Palo Alto firewalls
* Ability to solve seemingly ambiguous problems by applying a structured problem solving analysis
* Expert level engineering knowledge (minimum 5 years) with designing, implementing and troubleshooting Palo Alto firewall
* Expert level engineering knowledge (minimum 5 years) of using Palo Alto central management platform Panorama
* Experience with deploying Palo Alto firewalls in AWS and/or Azure cloud datacenters.
* Experience with Prisma Access
* Ability to evaluate connectivity products and offer IT network solutions in line with security guidelines:
o Common IT network Security knowledge (Firewalls / 802.1x)
o Common IT WAN/LAN experience (Cisco LAN and Datacenter LAN)
o Common IT DDIN (DNS/DHCP/NTP)
o Common network tooling understanding
* Collaborative team player, passionate about technology - Tech-Savvy
* You have an entrepreneurial spirit, you think anything is possible using the right mixture of people, mindset and hi-tech tools and have the tenacity to accomplish it.
* Constant desire to improve the status quo, to learn about and discover new things.
* Structured, analytical and logical mindset.