Operational Risk Management Senior Officer / Assistant Manager
Our client, a growing Wholesale/Commercial Bank is expanding their operational risk management team. This role is a great way to improve the Operational Risl & Control Environment!
- The job holder will act as the 2nd Line of Defence responsible for providing risk oversight for operational risk management emanating from the EMEA Division's business operations. The job holder will provide risk oversight in accordance to the Division's risk appetite framework (RAF) and the risk management framework (RMF) including strategies, approaches and support risk governance structures to manage operational risks effectively.
- This is an assistant manager role with specific responsibilities for managing operational risk and supporting the Head of Operational Risk Management Department (ORMD) who leads ORMD operations within the Division. The ORMD forms a sub-section of the overarching Risk Management Framework.
The job holder provides support to ORMD whose general responsibilities are as follows;
- Plan, promote and develop strategies and frameworks to support 1st Line of Defence and the Division-wide manage operational risks.
- Maintain the applicable operational risk management policies and procedures (setting of the fundamental standards and procedures) together with supporting risk strategies for risk acceptance, avoidance, management and control of risks.
- Assist in the continuous enhancement and embedding process of the RAF and RMF to addresses branch-wide risks and alignment to the Division's strategic objectives and to industry practices.
- Maintain the applicable risk appetite framework articulating the level of risk the Division is willing to accept in pursuit of its strategy as well as supporting operational risk tolerance levels and risk definitions.
- Develop the Division's risk and control capabilities (including staff training) to ensure completeness, coherence and maturity of operational risk management activities and alignment to the RAF and RMF.
- Review and monitoring of Risk Registers and action plans to mitigate risk within RAF.
Provide independent assessment and monitoring of:
- Risk Registers and action plans to mitigate risk within RAF
- Operational Incident Management and root cause analysis
- Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Developing supporting tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of operational risk information
- Liaise with Corporate Risk Management Department (CRMD) for all risk and control activities
- Provide continuous training and support to promote risk awareness.
Responsible for providing operational risk and control management across EMEA Division business activities under the supervision of the ORMD Management Team incorporating:
- Developing of proposals for consideration by the Management in respect of enhancing operational risk framework to facilitate control testing
- Providing advice, oversight and challenge necessary to embed and maintain a supportive risk framework throughout the EMEA Division
- Progress and enhance control documentation and testing strategies proposed by ORMD Management Team for EMEA Division
- Propose and identify suitable control testing requirements across the various EMEA Division business lines
- Schedule and perform agreed testing of key controls
- Record, collate and report results of control testing completed
- Comprehensive monitoring of control testing across EMEA Division
- Utilise control testing outcomes to support ongoing risk register reviews and KRI metrics
- Assist with operational incident management processes and root cause analysis
- Provide continuous support for the control testing strategies
- To carry out other duties as requested by ORMD Management Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Risk management or audit qualification preferred
- Experience in operational risk, audit or control support functions within financial services
- Experience of using data for control testing (related to audit testing), problem investigation, monitoring and reporting to assess operational risk and controls adequacy and effectiveness.
SUPERVISION & REPORTING LINES
The job holder is responsible for the development, implementation and continued support for the control testing framework across the EMEA Division and to assist with the development and learning of the ORMD staff members with reporting line to the Head of ORMD.
EMEA Division-wide all relevant staff across the 1st Line and collaboratively with the 2nd Line of Defence (CRMD and Compliance Department) and the Head Office (where applicable).