Senior Product Manager (BESS Storage)
We are seeking a candidate with a strong technical background in battery energy storage systems (BESS) technology, to join a fast-growing team in the digitalization of renewable energy systems through IoT at Singapore HQ office. You will work closely with a global team of talented industry veterans in the renewable energy sector and be responsible for the development and management of software application for BESS Advanced Analytics.
- Owning the product life cycle of the company's software for the advanced analytics of BESS assets, from ideation to upkeep
- Researching market needs, competitor space and regulatory requirements to better hone the software's feature set.
- Taking charge of the roadmap and strategic R&D planning for further developing company's BESS software
- Coordinating among internal stakeholders to harmonize company's BESS software across domains (e.g., solar analytics, wind analytics, energy trading)
- Serving as a thought leader in the field, e.g., appearing at conferences and trade shows, authoring articles and white papers; Assisting in the development of marketing materials
- Generating product insights for continued enhancement, based on customer feedback, identified feature requests, and addressing customer pain points (e.g., adding new analytics methods and tools)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Masters/Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering, Control, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or equivalent. A PhD will be a plus
- Possess at least 5 years of relevant experience in Engineering and/or R&D for Battery Energy Storage system (BESS) technologies
- Demonstrable experience in software product management, with working knowledge of Energy Storage solutions and/or IoT as a big plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and workflow management tools such as Jira.
- Strong knowledge of batteries and BESS, in areas covering safety, battery performance simulation models (electro-thermal behaviour, battery degradation, etc.), fault detection & diagnosis, battery management strategies, battery state estimation (e.g. SoC, SoH), battery thermal management, battery charge management, etc
- Knowledge of BESS applications, e.g., renewable grid integration, frequency regulation, load shifting, ramp rate control, demand response
- Knowledge of optimization concepts and algorithms
- Knowledge of Energy IoT, SCADA for renewable energy generation systems and cloud-based monitoring systems
- Broad knowledge across domains such as wind, solar, demand side response, power systems and microgrids
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and coordinate across functional teams in a matrix organization
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1110525