Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is partnered with a global leader in fluid engineering. Our esteemed client develops and innovate products and solutions for processing plants in challenging industries. They are seeking for an Application and Sales Engineer with at least 4 years of experience in sales and customer services. The position will be based in either Malaysia or Singapore depending on candidate's nationality.
The ideal candidate will be responsible in preparing technical proposals and commercial tenders, interface with customers and monitor progress of projects by co-ordinating projects with head office, regional offices, and agents.
- Prepare and co-ordinate all proposal activities with Regional Offices and Local Headquarters.
- Carry out tender reviews and order reviews.
- Handle technical clarification for all proposals. Work as an integral part (with technology, engineering, production) in developing proposals, pricing strategies and customer presentations.
- Prepare price calculation and tender documentation.
- Ensure that the specifications offered to the customer are within the capability and capacity of the company.
- Ensure that the customers' requirements are adequately conveyed and reflected in engineering, manufacturing, and installation.
- Follow-up projects monthly and update MIS daily.
- Undertake sales and marketing of Chemtech products and services throughout Asia Pacific region.
- Control all correspondences and documentation relating to project. Co-ordinate and utilize inter-department resources where necessary.
- Ensure that all technical and commercial specifications are received, clarified, and agreed with customer at order stage.
- Prepare complete project and engineering files.
- Arrange project handover meeting with Project Management and Engineering for larger projects and non-standard projects.
- Assist Project Management and Engineering in project execution.
- Initiate Customer Complaint Reports to ensure that with complaints are properly and efficiently dealt with.
- Feedback information to customers on quality improvements on product and changes, as and when necessary.
- Supervise/Check the work of junior Applications & Sales Engineer if required.
- To adhere strictly to the company and national ESH regulations and operational procedures.
- To contribute development of environmentally friendly products and solutions.
- To participate and contribute to consultation process in health and safety related activities, where applicable.
- To report all ESH potential and actual incidents to line manager or site ESH manager.
- To help prevent and report any environmental and health and safety violations in the workplace.
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Chemical Engineering or any relevant
- At least 3 years of experience in sales and customer services experience preferable in Chemical & Petrochemical/Oil & Gas industry.
- ProII/Aspen Simulation Program is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Microsoft Skills.
- Knowledgeable on distillation theory & chemical separation processes knowledge.
- Able to travel, particularly in the Asia Pacific region.
- Flexible, open to change, quick to adapt and able to work around with new information, condition, and obstacles.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation, and implementation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills with influencing capabilities.
- Good time management and decision-making skills.
- Evaluate of sub-contractor / supplier quality systems and capabilities.
- Strong, confident, and personable communicator at a senior level.
- Service-oriented with ability to anticipate problems and solving them effectively.
- Integrity, credibility, and ability to collaborate within a multicultural organization.
- Excellent in both oral & written English and Chinese would be advantageous.