Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading independent provider of a personal assistance on-demand online platform. Our respected client is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the job of Senior Software Engineer, capable of working semi-flexible hours. The job is remote.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Contribute to mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, and tech exploration, while striving to improve agile software development process.
- Implementation, design, and development of software.
- Design and development of inter-departmental tools.
- Coordinate the design and development of ad hoc tools as specified by the requesting department.
- Provide software support.
- Ensure the requirements and proactively propose software solutions.
- Ensure the quality of the development planning to adhere to the tight deadlines of the business.
- The basic expectations include:
- Being self-managed, working async at any time the team wish
- Only require few meetings for scrum coordination or pairing
- Encourage work time contributed to open source or civic engagement projects
- Building a strong learning culture around mentorship, pairing, blogging, exploratory projects, in-house talks, and outside conferences
- Actively explore and adopt new tech (for example, moving from frameworks to HTML-standard web components)
- The timeline includes:
- Within 1 month -
- Complete onboarding and get familiar with our tools and process.
- Get to know the team.
- Work with colleagues to release small features and bug fixes.
- Within 3 months -
- Become familiar with our tech stack, codebase, and development process.
- Help with sprint planning.
- Plan and implement a full feature.
- Within 6 months -
- Understand our end-user needs and roadmap.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the codebase.
- Take ownership of technical projects.
- Within a year -
- Choose an individual contributor or leadership career path.
- Architect larger systems.
- Help to bring on new team members and level up existing team members.
Key job requirements include:
- Experience as a software developer (not including engineering interning)
- Has experience with all the following technologies:
- Required to be a full-stack developer
- Node.js, and React
- Aspirational "DevOps" Tools to have (at least one):
- GraphQL, Docker, MongoDB, AWS, Nginx, CI/CD, Jenkins
- Optional requirements:
- Bachelor of Science / Computer Science discipline
- Project managed were multiple projects, creating timelines and cost projections, and specifications