Senior Software Engineer DfT Tool/Flow Development
Initial 12 month contract + extensions
Eindhoven, Netherlands (3 days onsite, 2 days remote per week)
Creates solutions that enable secure connections for a smarter world. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal (HPMS) electronics, our client is driving innovation in the automotive, identification and mobile industries, and in application areas including wireless infrastructure, lighting, healthcare, industrial, consumer tech and computing. They have operations in more than 25 countries.
Department / Project:
The DfT and Test team is part of the Design Enablement organization. The team has the charter to provide customized Electronic Design Automation (EDA) solutions in Analog / Mixed Signal Test and Design for Test (DfT) as required by our IC design community, based on the work of the team and our EDA vendors. To do this, we utilize a flexible composite of EDA tools and flows to encapsulate the required solution. A major competence in the team is therefore software engineering, covering all aspects from requirements development through solution architectures to software development, configuration management, test and maintenance / support.
The Senior Software Engineer DfT Tool/Flow Development is part of a team responsible for the development and deployment of Design for Test methods supporting HPMS designers within the client.
The focus of this function will be the development of our client's proprietary DfT tools and flows for design automation that cover Register Transfer Level (RTL) design implementation, design validation, behaviour simulation and production test development.
The individual key areas of responsibility will be derived from the following elements.
* Develop / Design / Implement / Test / Document scalable, reliable and maintainable software.
* Develop specifications in interaction with product managers, peer engineers and support engineers.
* Perform all activities according to the software engineering and quality improvement processes of the department and be involved in defining and improving these standards.
* Develop / maintain a broad knowledge of technical developments in the domain.
* Support the development and/or execution of test specifications developed by application engineers.
* Support the maintenance of department products/solutions and provide second-line support as required in cooperation with application/support engineers.
* You hold a Bachelor or Master Degree in Software Engineering, Computing Science or Computer Engineering or can show an equivalent proficiency based on years of experience.
* You exploit an analytic mindset, master the domain of software design and implementation, and you have more than 4 years of work experience in a relevant area with good knowledge of C++ and scripting languages Tcl, Python or similar.
* You have affinity with Digital Design / IC's and at least basic understanding of Design for Test.
* You have good command of English language, Dutch is optional.
* You have good communication skills and experience in presenting yourself and your (technical) work, both orally and in writing.
* During your career you have demonstrated that you are creative, an excellent team player, ambitious, eager to learn and can cope with a dynamic environment.
Back to job search
€50 - €65 per hour
about 2 months ago