Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a European MNC and a world leader in developing, engineering and supplying technologies, processing plants and proprietary equipment for Oils & Fats, Animal Feed & Agro Food, Oleochemicals & Biodiesel Detergents, Surfactants & Chemicals amongst many others. Our highly respected client is seeking a technical professional, with at least 5 years' experience in Chemicals or Oil & Gas site activities for the job of Site Engineer. The job is based in Shah Alam and will report to the Head of Department for Site.
Key Job Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise site technical and contractor works to ensure works are done in accordance to engineering drawing, specification and timeline
- Prepare progress report and project related reports for management and projects
- Review piping 3D model and isometric drawing to be complied with P&ID and process requirement
- Open box and joint inspection with client for good delivered to site.
- Organize pre-commissioning work which includes:
1) Hydrotest and pressure test of system
2) Piping and system flushing work as per pre-comissioning requirement
3) Mechanical items accessories installation
4) To conduct functional test for the equipment
- Assist in commissioning to ensure a smooth plant start-up
- Working closely with the department by organizing the departmental duty and growing the personnel
Key job requirements include:
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of Chemical, Oil & Fats or Oil & Gas Site Activities - with managerial experience.
- Willing to travel up to 70% across Asia and Europe.
- Literate in Process P&ID, Machinery GA Drawing, CAD 3D Piping.
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Excellent inter-personal skills, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Strong technical aptitude, Polished and professional image.
- Effective in preparing and conducting group presentations
- Demonstrates initiative and self-direction
- Efficient time management and activity planning skills.
- Commitment to achievement of company objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A strong team player with good planning and interpersonal skills.
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia