Position Summary: Provide comprehensive care management services to children and youth with SED and their families and / or to adults with SPMI. Develop relationships with consumers and assist them in overcoming challenges to live healthy, successful lives in the community. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and community partners to provide innovative solutions to help consumers achieve their goals.
- Providing quality consumer care
- Engage with consumers monthly to assess needs, develop and address care plan goals, and coordinate care.
- Complete visits with consumers in the community (home, school, court, etc) to evaluate needs and connect with individuals where they are.
- Address mental health, physical health, social determinants of health, gaps in care, and ED/IP utilization.
- Provide side by side approach to consumers in evaluating and addressing barriers to engagement in treatment.
- Assist with referral and linkage to community resources and advocate for consumers whenever necessary.
- Collaborate with consumers' support system and identify / increase supports when needed.
- Follow training handouts and policies to ensure consumer care is delivered with utmost quality.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive documentation as informed by agency policies and procedures.
- Meet productivity standards as indicated in the policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a health-related field of counseling, psychology, social work, or other behavioral health field required.
- Team Oriented
- Recovery Focuses
- Interpersonal Skills
- Initiative and Follow Through
- Time Management and Organization
- THL Measures Effectively Addressed
- Meets Program Productivity Standards
- Timely Documentation
- Solution Focused
Bachelor's Degree in a health related field of counseling, psychology, social work, or other behavioral health field required.