Senior Software Architect
12-month contact followed by permanent employment
Remote working until Jan/Feb 2022, then onsite in Stavanger, Norway
My client is a leading robotics company within the Oil & Energy industry for Norway. They are experts in the industry and are at the cutting edge of robotic technology. They have an established a global network of people, technology, and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and sustainable energy production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, the company has aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world. They are currently looking for a Senior software architect to develop and maintain inhouse robotic software architecture, optimization their data flow and simplify data structures and concept development for new technology.
- High-performance distributed software design and implementation
- Build systems and continuous integration using CMake/GitlabCI
- Docker configuration for software compilation and simulator deployment
- The Ansible deployment toolchain used to deploy and maintain our rigs and simulators
- Python services ranging from camera object detection; sensor and alarm routing; job and sequence execution; REST etc.
- Gitlab repository and branching management
- Solid background in C++ and Python
- Strong skills in algorithms and mathematics
- A strong grasp of Linux fundamentals (SSH; networking; system configuration, monitoring and optimization)
- Preferably familiar with RTI DDS; Qt; Boost; CMAKE; Python REST development; SQL; GitlabCI; InfluxDB; Ansible; Docker
- Experience with complex large-scale, distributed systems
- It is not a requirement to have experience with robots
- Strong problem solving skills, and a knack for lateral thinking
- The ability to communicate solutions and ideas clearly
Please submit your CV for further details.