Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading independent provider of a personal assistance on-demand online platform.
Our respected client is seeking a Software Development Manager (Artificial Intelligence) to contribute to mentoring, code reviews, and improvements the company processes and infrastructure. For mentoring, you'll be in good company; with their team members are authors of technical books, leaders of open-source projects, and instructors from coding camps.
- Fully remote across Asia, Europe, and US time zones (we have no physical office and are staying 100% remote even if the pandemic ends)
- Engineers self-manage, working asynchronously with no core working hours.
- Encourage work time devoted to open source or civic engagement projects.
- Have a strong learning culture.
- Actively explore, assess, and adopt new technologies.
- Conduct in-depth research on emerging machine learning technologies and provide insights and recommendations to the organization.
- Use AI technologies to drive business growth and improve operational efficiency through automation and other means.
- Lead a team of engineers in the design and development of AI-powered solutions that meet the needs of the company's core business.
- Implement software solutions and conduct code reviews.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas where AI can be leveraged to drive innovation and growth.
- Develop and implement best practices for AI development and deployment.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Must be willing to work on Philippine time zone (GMT+8) (commit to ~10 hours / week overlap with core PH hours)
- 5+ years of experience in AI development and deployment, including experience leading teams of engineers.
- Background in working and interacting with the AI APIs available.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their applications.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- 2+ years' experience managing/leading engineering teams
- A passion for staying current with emerging AI technologies and trends.
- Nice to have experience with AI libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn.
Within 1 month, you'll:
- Complete onboarding and get familiar with our tools and process.
- Get to know the team.
- Work with colleagues to release small features and bug fixes.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Be responsible for releasing features to production on a rapid agile cadence
Within 6 months, you'll:
- Take ownership and lead a technical project; Or, become an expert on a specific technology or product domain.
- Help to set direction for the AI Engineering team.
Within 12 months, you'll:
- Leadership career path.
- Architect larger systems.
- Help to bring on new team members and level up existing team members.
Their Hiring Process
We aim to spend less than 3 hours of your time in interviews and assessments, and we'll get back to you promptly with a written offer to join the team immediately after your final interview. We realize your time is valuable.
Initial 30-minute discussion with our in-house tech recruiter. Ask her your deal-breaker questions and she'll tell you why you might want to work for our company.
Conduct an actual code review with one of our senior engineers. This 1-hour and 30-minute exercise will assess your technical ability for the role, and the depth and breadth of your knowledge in your chosen field.
30-minute interview with our Head of Engineering to discuss our expectations for job success and your expectations for job growth.
Talk to our President for a "culture fit" interview. In this 15-minute interview you will find out what it's like working on our engineering team and give us the chance to get to know your style as well.