Software Engineer (C++)- London- Defence and Space- Up to £53K
My client are a leading defence company working on cutting-edge technology and capabilities and are now on the lookout for a systems engineer. This role is very specific and is of national defence importance.
The candidate will be working on defence related projects and will be required to undergo security clearance.
Our clients customers work in diverse environment and offer new and exciting challenges that solve complex issues. They work with the best of the best in the industry and gives individuals a platform to learn grow and shape their careers with a dynamic business model.
They promote collaboration in a respectful and inspirational environment where they value each and every individual.
The project and role:
To work on a large scale maritime project delivering a reliable and real-world system engineering process.
Our client are growing their Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. Working within an Agile environment, with a focus on C and C++, your experience will cover a range of technologies to help provide multi-domain Command and Control (C2) solutions for our customers internationally.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have responsibility for packages of work and should be used to working with internal and external customers. You will be able to deploy applications in a controlled, repeatable way and be developing technical specialisms in frameworks and/or toolsets. Experience of mentoring or team leading would be advantageous.
- Take full responsibility for a complete work package or development activity including the production of supporting documentation
- Take responsibility for ensuring work packages are completed on schedule and within budget
- Take responsibility for configuration management of software
- Carry our peer reviews on other team members work, including design and user documentation as well as code reviews
- Assist with the set up/design of a project's software and hardware development environment
- Build up technical knowledge of company's existing products and any new product and project developments
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with Northrop Grumman's Quality System and published Software Production processes
- Be pro-active in keeping products up to date with evolving technologies
- Experience in design, development, test and integration of quality software;
- Experience in object-orientated software design and programming using C++, ATL, COM, XML and UML
- Working knowledge of SQL databases
- Experienced in troubleshooting software applications and components
- Fluent in software configuration management, such as Git/BitBucket
Preferred qualifications / experience:
- Experienced in using Microsoft Visual Studio to build applications and components
- Knowledge of the Geo-spatial extensions to SQL
- General knowledge of software development lifecycles
- An understanding of Agile methodologies, preferably Kanban, using tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Previous experience of GIS or command and control applications are desirable but not essential
My client are actively interviewing. Please apply for consideration!