Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a market leader in providing software solutions for world's largest telecommunications, entertainment, and media service providers. Our respected client is seeking an information technology (IT) professional for the job of Software Engineering Specialist. The job is located in BGC, Taguig City, Philippines.
A Software Engineering Specialist is responsible for the design, development, modification, debugging and/or maintenance of software systems. Works on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with sophisticated assignments during the software development process.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Be accountable for and own specific modules within an application and provide technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, problem resolution for critical / complex issues while ensuring code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable.
- Present demos of the software products to partners and internal/external customers, using technical knowledge to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
- Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code and providing fixes (analyzes and fixes bugs) and workarounds, will review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions, will highlight risks and will help mitigate risks from technical aspects.
- Bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques and reusing existing solutions. By means of automation, reduces design complexity, reduces time to response, and simplifies the client/end-user experience.
- Represent/lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team (for example, leads technical design reviews). Establishes relationships with internal customers/partners
Key Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent and 7-8 years' experience as a software engineer or a software support engineer.
- Awareness of programming concepts and ability to write software code in at least one programming language.
- Must have skill: Java
- Prime Skills: SQL, PL&SQL, Unix, Shell Scripting
Site: The candidate should be amenable to both BGC and Ortigas sites.
Shift: Regular 9 am-6 pm but should be amenable to extend if needed