Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an American multinational conglomerate holding company focused on transportation, e-commerce and services. This company is listed in 2021's Fortune 500. They are looking for a well-rounded Solutions Architect to be part of their global and agile organization. This is on a temporary work from home setup with office based in BGC, Taguig.
The Solutions Architect will provides technical/solution expertise and advice to senior/executive management on domain application landscape and current and emerging systems trends, practices, opportunities, and risks within area of expertise. Delivers analysis, interpretation, and application of complex information in order to influence optimal business decisions. Leads high impact cross-functional projects and initiatives. Is future oriented and drives strategic planning. Influences and supports cross-functional project teams to achieve optimal results for the business
Key Job responsibilities include:
RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
- Sources data and information from internal or external subject matter experts as required.
- Determines and drives the divisional need for research as well as methods and procedures to be used.
- Conducts systematic in-depth research and analysis into issues of varying complexity within technical/technological area of expertise.
- Initiates, defines, and leads the development and communication of effective reports to key stakeholders, including executive/senior management.
- Develops and maintains broad and in-depth knowledge of relevant Company standards, applications landscape, domain architecture, external requirements (including Regional regulations), and current/emerging system trends and best practices within area of expertise.
- Provides strategic advice on complex or unique issues. Develops new or innovative solutions to diverse, high impact, complex problems.
- Conducts detailed analysis and wider research, interprets complex information, and generates recommendations to support strategic, divisional, or corporate goals.
- Develops initiatives, proposals, and business cases within area of expertise.
- Acts as subject matter expert and shares knowledge with peers and management.
- Proactively identifies and analyses risks, opportunities and constraints within area of expertise.
- Evaluates and presents recommendations and actions, driving management decisions in high impacting cost yield management areas.
- Leads and/or contributes to the implementation to ensure results are realised and a balance is achieved between long-term and short-term outcomes.
- Leads high impact, divisional and corporate level projects and initiatives.
- Manages cross functional project teams and/or provides architectural leadership for Agile Release Trains (teams of agile teams) and involves internal and external SMEs as required. Seeks for commitment of senior/executive management to project goals.
- Completes post-implementation review to identify lessons learned and recommend corrective actions.
PROCESSES AND PROCEDURES
- Develops and communicates tools and process for use by the wider business within area of expertise.
- Recommends improvements to processes as required. Develops, communicates, and enforces department policies and procedures.
- Identifies initiates and drives goal setting and planning activities. Coordinates cross functionally and across divisions to validate, negotiate, consolidate and communicate goals and solution designs.
- Develops and presents business plan for division or complex regional areas to senior/executive management.
- Critically reviews business cases/plans across regions and divisions and identifies leverage opportunities and cross-project dependencies.
- Advises Senior/Executive team of trends/changes and developments within area of expertise, along with recommended actions.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with defined Company processes and procedures, relevant legislation and external regulations, and predefined agreements.
- Includes review of policies or standards to ensure compliance or design of new policies/ standards if appropriate.
- Builds and develops effective relationships with senior/executive management and enterprise/domain architects globally, in order to influence optimal business outcomes and with other departments to achieve set goals.
- Maintains external alignments with customers, relevant subject matter experts (SMEs) or external bodies as required.
- Represents company in external organisations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Relevant Master's degree, TOGAF certification and SAFe Agile certification strongly preferred
- Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and solution/technical architecture, as well as designing, architecting, developing, implementing and monitoring efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Highly articulate and technical.