In this position as a Scala expert, you will guide a team of developers, that are currently using an older Java application, to completely rewrite their application in Scala.
Currently the team does not have any Scala engineers, so your position is going to be spearheading the effort, help set up the initial architecture, help mentor and train engineers in Scala, and lead the effort to spin up this new application.
As the ideal candidate you will have the following skill and experience:
- Advanced understanding of development methodologies and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of CS fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of system architecture and design patterns
- Understand architecture, design, and integration landscape of multiple systems
- Experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working within an Agile team environment
- Past experience with Scala Development or experience with another Functional Language (i.e. hassle, closure, elixir)
- Experience with AKKA
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes or Docker)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline