- Analyst III - Assistant Category Manager
Miami FL, USA
Projected Start Date:
- 05/01/2023 to 10/28/2023
Shift: Monday - Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm
The Category Specialist will be located in CVS's Merchandising Department in Miami, FL. You will drive budgeted sales, gross margin, and grow market share within your assigned categories. Overall, you will be responsible for delivering on the merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Alternative formats business unit, including Hispanic and Value format focus.
1 to 3 years of experience in a retail organization or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position preferred
* Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application
* Proven ability to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow sales
* Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute directly to sales and margin goals in assigned categories.
* Analyze profit and loss information for the category, develop sales and margin projections, and assist Category Manager in P&L reconciliation.
* Responsible planogram review and assortment and flow optimization.
* Analyze relevant data and incorporate findings and recommendations into Category Plans (i.e., optimal SKU mix; promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years.
* Drive tactical execution of day-to- day plan activities (e.g., builds off-shelf plans, seasonal programs, track promotional period and performs post appraisal to take corrective action if necessary.
* Responsible for promotional strategy and execution.
* Collaborate with an internal team of CVS professionals in Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations.
* Analyze sales records and inventory levels of current stock; seek new, alternative foreign and domestic suppliers.
* Develop and maintain a strong understanding of current competition; search out new competitive opportunities and make recommendations.
* Keep abreast of changes in the market.
* Research customer product preferences, supplier prices and the competitive environment.
If you would like to proceed just kindly send your most updated resume unto my email: or reach-out to my number: 978-296-1540. Let me know if you are interested so that I could prioritize your application for this one.