We're looking for a Coordinator II-Community Health Worker to join the team!
Community Health Care Workers (CHW) serve the community as a bridge between the member (community) and the healthcare system (providers) through outreach and education. By providing these services, CHW's help members attain and maintain better health outcomes, improve relationships with healthcare providers and help both parties to become more acculturated with each other. This position will work under the direction of a designated professional.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to
(* denotes essential functions)
* Conduct home visits with members with chronic conditions to reinforce following the care plan, adjusting tasks to fit with the member's culture, language, and religion, improve access to care, identify health care needs, and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations.
* Educate healthcare professionals and providers on opportunities for improving and understanding the social determinants of health that may be impacting member's health and treatment plan through various communication channels.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with the members, providers, nurse case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff, from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Work to reduce cultural and socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions.
* Assist with care plan implementation and member education during in-home visits, help develop care management strategies, and work with team members to provide linkages for the various health and social needs of members.
* Assist members to identify socio-economic issues that affect their overall health and develop health/social management plans and goals.
* Identify gaps and opportunities to strengthen systems of care within the member's community and assists members in utilizing community services, including scheduling appointments with social services agencies, (including transportation vendors), and assisting with completion of applications for eligible programs.
* Assist with patient medication adherence by: instructing the member on current medication list, reviewing medications with member and assist in obtaining refills.
* Teach disease self-management (i.e. nutrition, symptom tracking and reporting).
* Accompany members to appointments as needed.
* Enter and maintain member records in electronic health record system, compile reports and complete other program documentation in a timely manner (e.g. progress notes, letters), and other administrative responsibilities as needed.