COVID-19 vaccine and boosters are a requirement for this job
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Providing excellent patient satisfaction
- Maintaining positive relationships with patients, insurance representatives, clinic associates and hospital staff
- Ensuring patients are aware and completing pre-surgical clearance as required by the Surgeon
- Coordination pre and post-operative appointments according to Surgeon's protocol
- Scheduling inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures at multiple hospitals and offsite surgery centers according to predetermined block schedules and established policies and procedures
- Communicate with primary care offices to obtain surgery medical clearances and enter information into EHR/patient chart.
- Identifying the need for additional OR time for surgeon separate from block time
- Work closely with other Surgical coordinators
- Documenting scheduling information in the Agility EMR
- Provide patients with a Surgical Packet to include pre-testing dates, lab requirements, clearances needed and Joint Camp Class
- Contact surgical equipment reps to order surgical equipment according to patients' specific procedure
- Ensure consent is completed and both H&P and Consent are sent to the facility for surgery
- 2+ years of experience in a health care setting required.
- Previous surgical scheduling experience required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- High attention to detail and organizational skills are must
- Able to multi-task in busy office setting
- Medical terminology knowledge
-Medical Insurance/ Authorization knowledge
- Surgical CPT Code knowledge preferred
- EPIC experience highly preferred
Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
Computer skills: 3 years (Preferred)
Schedule: Monday - Friday Full Time
Paid time off
Back to job search
Joanna Marie Alba
about 1 month ago
Medical Recruitment Strategies