SVP, Technology & Operations Risk Governance
Collaborating closely with the Technology and Operations teams across the Group, the successful candidate will support the Group Head of Technology & Operations Risk Governance, to drive first-line risk control activities and initiatives. This will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Function as risk manager to challenge and advise Technology & Operations teams on technology and operational risk matters, to ensure adequate resolution of risk issues, including incidents and complaints.
- Proactively identify risks through monitoring of technology and operations performance in risk and regulatory compliance management (through tracking of issue resolution arising from regulatory compliance breaches, operational risk incidents, special reviews / audits / inspections and independent assurance testing)
- Support Group Technology and Operations senior management in risk oversight and governance, through analysis and reporting of key risk issues/ trends, key risk indicators, and facilitate discussions during the regular governance committee meetings. This involves working with the Data Analysts to leverage analytics to effectively and efficiently identify risk issues, and improve risk management efficiencies and capabilities. To also monitor timely closure of key actions set out to address risk issues.
- Provide support and training to foster strong risk culture and risk awareness within the Technology and Operations units. Develop effective and collaborative relationships and foster ongoing open lines of communication regarding IT governance and risk management across the division.
- Strengthen risk management and governance oversight capabilities across Technology and Operations teams.
- Function as the key liaison party with the regulators (eg. MAS) to represent Technology and Operations teams on responses to queries eg. in relation to incidents, surveys, consultations, data collation requests etc.
- Facilitate internal & external audits, compliance/ regulatory reviews, through coordinating with auditors/ compliance officers/ regulators, and Technology and Operations team(s) under review. There should also be subsequent follow-through with the teams on review recommendations, and close monitoring for action plan completion.
- Conduct gap analysis of new regulations against the Group's established policies, processes, guidelines to ensure compliance. Where there are risks/ gaps, to work with the Technology and Operations teams to determine remedial action plans to address them.
- Work with various second-line functions and other stakeholders across the bank (where applicable) to manage the implementation of Technology and Operations Risk Management -related policies, guidelines, and initiatives across Technology and Operations teams (e.g. relating to risk culture and conduct risk, outsourcing and third party risk management, risk & control self-assessment, anti-money laundering/ combating the financing of terrorism, and regulatory risk assessments).
- Represent Technology and Operations teams for risk & control matters to relevant stakeholders outside of the Technology & Operations (T&O) segment.
- Participate/ lead relevant risk governance and management projects where relevant.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience with at least 7 years in any of these disciplines: technology and / or operations risk management, audit, compliance, information security, operations preferably in a banking environment.
- A university degree in IT, computing, Information Systems or any risk management related domain. Professional certifications like CRISC, FRM, CA, CISA, CISM, CISSP will be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge in regulatory requirements (e.g. MAS Notice 644, 655, and TRM guidelines) and industry standards/ frameworks such as ITILsblu, SANS, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001/2, Cyber Security Act, Banking Act, Personal Data Protection Act.
- Broad and deep experience in managing and/or assessing the adequacy of controls over technology activities of a bank. Preferably, also with good knowledge of retail and wholesale banking processes and products, and passionate about keeping abreast of industry developments in technology risk.
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills and able to manage stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Outstanding skills in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This is necessary for the creation of engaging reports and presentations, for senior management, executives, and stakeholders. Knowledge/ experience in data analytics will be an added advantage.
Interested applicants please email your CV in Microsoft Words format to Ashley.email@example.com
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1871506