Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a technology company that offers a full spectrum of global technology and supply chain services to businesses around the world.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced System Administrator (AWS) of the highest professional standing and a background in cloud-based systems and resolving operational problems for the job of System Administrator (AWS).
The System Administrator (AWS) is expected to work in coordination with the IT department to develop and support cloud, windows, or Unix infrastructure. They will consistently demonstrate a commitment to company values. The job is in Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers WFH flexibility but is mostly onsite.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Build servers in an AWS cloud environment using Linux management tools
- Create load balancing, logging, S3, permissions, and other required systems
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, and manage tuning system performance.
- configuration management, patching, updating, and troubleshooting.
- Optimize systems and resource utilization while continuing to provide system capacity analysis and planning.
- Plan and execute the installation and configuration of systems into the client's data center, including configuring, monitoring, operating, and maintaining systems.
- Learn and implement DevOps automation processes
- Coach, mentor, and motivate team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Key job requirements include:
- Minimum three (3) years of direct work-related experience is required.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Detailed understanding of AWS and Red Hat Linux (current versions)
- Expert in backup strategies and implementation
- Experience with enterprise virtualization
- Scripting knowledge
- Experience with Datacenter/Server operational components (monitoring, management, etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems and/or escalate issues and problems to the team manager
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and lead technical projects
- Recommend system resource changes, as needed, and to accommodate future growth
- Follow strict change management procedures
Here are some of the traits that we seek in greatAWS System Administrators:
- DevOps Experience (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Oracle, Security+ Certifications
- Apache and IIS Performance Tuning
- Database Performance Tuning (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Amenable to work in Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo City, Zambales
- Preferably from Olongapo / Zambales / Bataan area