Principal Systems Engineer - London- Defence and Space- Up to £72K
My client are a leading defence company working on cutting-edge technology and capabilities and are now on the lookout for a systems engineer. This role is very specific and is of national defence importance.
The candidate will be working on defence related projects and will be required to undergo security clearance.
Our clients customers work in diverse environment and offer new and exciting challenges that solve complex issues. They work with the best of the best in the industry and gives individuals a platform to learn grow and shape their careers with a dynamic business model.
They promote collaboration in a respectful and inspirational environment where they value each and every individual.
A key member of the Systems Engineering function, this role ensures programme work is delivered on time, budget and to the required scope through robust plans.
The Defence Systems Engineering Team provides support across the three areas (Surface Ships, Submarines and Naval Services). They help drive the other functions through the Project Lifecycle from Customer needs to Validation and Closeout.
- Lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management, verification testing and design assurance.
- Produce and review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and deliver key design reviews (PDR/CDR)
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, V&V, ILS, IA, Safety etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Have awareness of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject (e.g. electrical engineering or similar).
- Evidenced substantial experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing and interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional way, both in person, over the phone and by email
- Experience of systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in requirements management
- Team leadership or a strong aptitude for managing and developing people
- Relevant experience within defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar), marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment, maritime machinery and plant systems and control
- Knowledge of Control Systems and experienced and/or knowledgeable with PLC, SCADA and related Operational Technology systems
- Familiar with military environmental standards
- Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems and Safety Systems
- Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
- INCOSE Associate/Certified Systems Engineering Professional certification
- Chartered Engineer
My client are actively interviewing. Please apply for consideration!