Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a renowned international money transfer processing company. Our highly respected client is looking for a dynamic Tax Accountant who has strong local taxation accounting experience. This is a hybrid work arrangement with an office based in BGC, Taguig.
The Tax Accountant provides support by studying and documenting the company's existing processes and procedures and checking for compliance with governing laws of taxation. The Tax Accountant shall provide support through the preparation of reports in accordance with the company's work program.
Key responsibilities include :
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Prepare and process all tax-related transactions of the company
- Ensures 100% compliance with government reportorial requirements and government regulations
- Ensure the accuracy of BIR annualization reports and process
- Assess and research tax issues to identify solutions
- Determine tax cost, and savings and recommend strategies applicable to the company
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes
- Liaises and manages relationships with tax authorities, and tax consultants and provides tax audit support as needed.
- Responsible for identifying and mitigating tax risks for contracts/transactions entered by the company.
- Provide corporate services on business registration, business permits, receipts, authorities, and other documents required by the company from different government agencies.
- Assist the Finance Manager in performing periodic compliance checks of current tax processes for system, process, and productivity improvements.
- Assist the Finance Manager in month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Assist the Finance Manager in Preparing various reports
- Assist the Finance Manager in organizing financial data into useable information and maintaining updated records
- Assist the Finance Manager in tracking the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Assist the Finance Manager in improving existing accounting policies and procedures, aligned with the company's targets
- Review monthly billing and collection, annual reports by an independent institution, update contracts, etc.
- Keep control and update of audit matrix observations until prompt/final disposition of all points
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting
- A Certified Public Account is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and accounting software
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of taxation accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of existing tax laws and related regulatory issuances.