A leading IT services company requires an experienced Technical Writer to produce technical documents for application software which has been (will be) developed by the development team. Such tasks require understanding of business requirements, application architectures, UI design concept, business data, legal requirements and internal procedures and involve working closely with both programmers and management.
This position covers all documents across software development lifecycle (i.e. business specification, technical specification, system details, database object (table) descriptions, test support manuals, system operation manuals, system maintenance details, system support history record, knowledge encyclopaedia and general internal procedure manuals).
- Producing technical documents for application software which has been (will be) developed by the team
- Where there is documentation already compiled by internal Programmers, to provide guidance (using Business knowledge) to update the existing documentation for ease of understanding.
- Compilation of various documents relating to the company (external and internal use) will be required.
- Understanding of the company procedures, getting approval for any updates in production systems
- Conducting tests on applications to ensure that the functions are working in practice as documented and amending the documentation where necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Strong previous experience in writing technical documents, management documents or business documents is essential
- Advanced user of MS Office applications
- Ability to manage tasks and responsibilities across multiple projects with minimal supervision, exhibiting good project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Track record of delivering high quality documentation, with high attention to detail
- Ability to promptly understand technical concepts and turn them in to easily understandable pictures and/or writing
If you possess the relevant skills and experience and are available for a 12 month maternity contract, please submit your CV today