Executive search company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. Our reputable client is looking for a TPIRM Analyst with previous experience in supporting or managing a Third-Party risk assessment programme.
This resourcing requirement is responsible for supporting the management of Third-Party Information Security Risk for the APAC organization. This includes performing the inherent risk ranking of all suppliers in relation to Information Security Risk, providing oversight and responsibility for the outsourced team completing remote and on-site assessments of higher-risk third parties, and prioritizing reviews where appropriate.
The role directly contributes to the Global and APAC Information Security teams by providing metrics, maintaining a Third-Party Asset inventory, and tracking both risk remediation and control compliance. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in a number of different high-profile Information Security work streams with a broader focus on information security risk management, control assurance, policy governance, and compliance.
The role and program have been developed in the region and are now being used as the benchmark for Global Third-Party risk management. Part of the remit of this role will also be to develop and enhance the programme into an automated tool and align processes and procedures with other functions to help streamline the broader scope of Vendor Management and onboarding
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and completion of company inherent risk ranking of ALL suppliers in compliance with the Global Third-Party Information Risk Management policy. This includes liaising with and working alongside the Global Third-Party team as well as Business relationship Owners.
- Risk assessments and management of Cloud providers in accordance with the process set by the company's Global Cloud Governance Committee.
- Identification, tracking and management of issues and control deficiencies relating to Third Parties, including liaising with the business owners to support remediation activities
- Maintenance and management of the Information Security Third Party Inventory and the Issues Register in co-ordination with the Enterprise Risk Management strategy and approach.
- Performing and execute Asia Third Party assessments initiated by business.
- Where applicable, management and oversight of the external resources performing Third Party assessments to ensure performance to SLA's
- Reviewing information security policies, standards, guidelines and baselines in place and being developed
- Contributing towards Security Awareness Training for the wider organisation and helping the business to improve understanding of and reduce Third Party risk to acceptable levels.
- Assist with internal security reporting, including steering committees and updates for senior management
- Management of Third-Party related information security projects
- Develop and enhance the programme, progressing currently identified and future improvements to make the function more effective and efficient
- Provide support to the Head of CR&A and engage with the wider information Security team
Key requirements include:
- High level of business acumen, preferably in a regulated/financial industry
- Five + years of information security experience with a focus on risk assessments and controls, governance, risk management, program development, compliance, and/or auditing. Previous experience of supporting or managing a Third-Party risk assessment programme is essential.
- Expert-level knowledge of both the business and technical aspects of information security, including third party security risk and European data protection regulation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyse complex business processes and technologies to make sound recommendations to non-technical constituents
- Strong broad-based technical background (distributed/mainframe, database, web-based application development, etc.)
- Strong risk-based analysis and decision-making skills
- Experience interpreting and applying information security standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO/IEC 27001/27002, PCI-DSS, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, etc.) or attestation reports (e.g., SOC 1/2)
- eGRC system or similar system administration experience a plus (enterprise governance risk management compliance)
- Experience reviewing, and redlining agreements is a plus
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and conflict management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient use of personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite