Executive Recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Professional Division is currently recruiting on behalf of a leading international certification body, who is on a mission to shape the future of training and certification because they strongly believe that there is easier, simpler and better way to train people around the world. Our distinguished client is currently seeking for a Translator (Japanese & English) with at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Reading through original material and rewriting it in Japanese / English language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained;
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, translation tools, and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used;
- Using appropriate software for presentation and delivery;
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation;
- Liaising with clients/co-workers to discuss any unclear points;
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions;
- Providing clients with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Using the internet and email as research tools throughout the translation process;
- Prioritising work to meet deadlines;
- Consulting with experts in technical areas;
- Retaining and developing specialist knowledge on specialist areas of translation;
- Completes administrative projects by identifying and implementing new technology and resources; redesigning systems; recommending re-deployment of designated resources;
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Possesses at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Proficient communication skills (written and verbal) in English & Japanese.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and follow up in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good business acumen, negotiation skills, and a positive attitude.
- Work well independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.