Treasury operations officer needed to join an international bank for the duration of an FTC (approx 9 months at min - 1 year ). Ideally at least 3 years experience in the Treasury dept of a similar bank however candidates with less experience will be considered if can demonstrate relevant skills and potential.
The products covered will be including:
Foreign Exchange, Money Market Deposits, Bonds, Repos, Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, Caps, Floors, FRAs and Futures, Currency Options and CDs and other Derivative Products.
- To carry out the day to day operations in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- To process/verify new transactions in the Atlas/Devon system as appropriate, according to the procedure manual for the above products.
- To confirm details of new trades with brokers and/or counterparties as appropriate.
- To issue and check confirmations for new deals, including use of both Accord Workstation, and CLS systems where appropriate.
- To input/verify maintenance of transaction events according to the life cycle of the product.
- To input/verify instructions issued to our Security Custodians via Euclid/SWIFT as appropriate
- To input/verify final settlement figures for CLS settlement using both CLS and CFO systems, ensuring covering advice is sent to Head Office
- To calculate and maintain cash positions in various currencies
- To check SWIFT payments/messages before their ultimate release for accuracy and conformity to SWIFT standards
- To verify ISDA Documentation/Confirmations for relevant products
- To maintain Important Document Records and Safe Keeping Records
- Checking and settlement of monthly brokerage invoices
- To carry out such other duties as requested by the General Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Educated to A level standard with 3 - 5 years' experience within an active Treasury Back Office environment (candidates with less experience will be consider if they can demonstrate good coverage of skills, willingness to learn and mastery over basic functions of Treasury)
- A good working knowledge of processing all products
- A post-holder must have a good working knowledge of SWIFT together with sound basic accounting knowledge
- The post-holder would also preferably have experience of the Devon System and settlement methods for various products for example Euroclear, Fed, Crest, DTCC, CLS etc.
- If possible, familiar with bespoke close out procedures for Futures and Options.
This is an FTC to cover the duration of a maternity leave. We are recruiting for this role immediately, and interested candidates should apply ASAP to maximise the chance of being in consideration.