Ultrasound design and characterization engineer
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
Leuven, Belgium (4 days per week onsite, 1 day remote)
As an ultrasound design and characterization engineer, you will be working on the development of a (photo)acoustic imaging setup and performing measurements on multiple types of (photo)acoustic transducers.
- You will guide the development of new ultrasound systems from the transducer design and characterization towards (photo)acoustic imaging applications.
- You will design and characterize transducers and ultrasound systems, electrically, mechanically, and acoustically.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design and characterization activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
Required knowledge and skills
- PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project leading is an asset.
- Proven experience in ultrasound system: MEMS and acoustic design and characterization, as well as ultrasound imaging.
- Good knowledge and interest in multiphysics modeling, design techniques and design environment. Proficient in use of design software (such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys) and on ultrasound simulation software (Kwave, FieldII).
- Good experience in MEMS characterization (such as impedance, LDV, pressure measurements) as well as in imaging with ultrasound system (such as Verasonics).
- Experience in photoacoustics is an asset.
- Ability to quickly write code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- The environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of our client, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.