Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a leading organization specialising in internationally recognised testing, inspection and certification needs for various sectors. Our esteemed client is looking to hire a VP of Industrial Research who will be responsible for the management of the research activities, technology development, and innovative culture of the Industrial Research department. The incumbent will be reporting to the President and Group Chief Executive Officer of the company and based in Selangor, Malaysia.
Job in Brief:
- Spearhead the strategic initiatives and transformation exercise towards strong financial performance and business growth.
- Lead the development and execution of the long-term and short-term strategies to increase the shareholder's value, while also inculcating the organization's mission, vision, strategic objectives, and corporate values.
- Enhance internal organizational processes, managing and overseeing all business operations, finances, people, and business ventures.
- Keep abreast of the market and industry trends.
- Nurture a continuous product innovation culture in tandem with the market needs and lead strategic research initiatives for the sustainability of the business unit.
- Provide tactical leadership to play an effective role as a champion of quality, national technology development, vehicle for technology transfer, and provider of institutional and technical infrastructure for the government.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, SMEs, key decision makers, and other stakeholders to exchange information and views and to identify new business opportunities, whilst developing compelling business cases.
- Continuous participation in national and international forums, committees, and working groups to keep abreast of scientific developments. This includes participation in conferences for the dissemination and exchange of scientific information to position the company as their partner for innovation.
- Spearhead smart partnership initiatives with government regulatory bodies and agencies as well as industry associations to lead in providing customized solutions in quality and technology innovation.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with industries, SMEs, Governmental Agencies, Ministries, and associations to ensure business continuity and to tap into available resources - expertise and funding.
- Drive strategic development to increase the number of expertise and subject matter experts in emerging technology and technical areas in alignment with the Technology Roadmap.
- Drive tactical leadership to enhance operational efficiency with the application and optimization of the right 'enablers' (i.e.; systems, processes, and policies).
- Lead overall leadership and directions towards high value-added services to bring in new clients and retain existing clients.
Key job requirements include:
- Minimum Master's degree in Engineering / Science / Technology or equivalent. Preferably with PhD qualification
- Minimum 16 years of working experience with at least 5 years in research and development leadership roles
- Excellent track record in managing complex research projects and successfully driving transformative technology solutions.
- Possess innovative mindset and ability to align technology initiatives with strategic business objectives
- Possess strong diversified business linkages and professional networks
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Exceptional presentation skills and leadership skills