APAC WM FS L2 TEAM LEAD
The review of post transaction AML alerts in APAC is segregated into two levels where the L1 Hub performs alert analysis and L2 Hub performs case investigations. In addition to escalation of automated alerts, L2 Hub also handles the review of unusual activity reports and external triggers. The position is the Team Lead for L2.
1. Manage L2 team and provide effective guidance.
2. Responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis
3. Responsible for ensuring relevant alerts that are escalated to the team are reviewed in a timely manner according to the internal timelines.
4. Maintain timely escalation to Compliance management in terms of overdue alerts, alert backlogs and alerts identified with ML/FT risks.
5. Responsible for ensuring accuracy of management reporting metrics.
6. Undertake investigation and assessment of transaction monitoring alerts in SG and HK for potential ML/FT risks in the Bank.
7. Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
8. Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions
9. Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
10. Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
11. As an AML subject matter expert, to provide direction and guidance to bank employees on queries relating to complex transactions.
12. To participle in ad‐hoc projects, tool development projects as well as in the drafting of procedures when in relation to AML Surveillance.
13. Participate in the periodic review of scenarios and thresholds, in particular the calibration and testing, in liaison with IT support, local representatives and Head Office.
14. Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities
15. Performs the periodic Net Reveal Access Rights review.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
* Analytical skills
* Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view.
* Is driven by the desire to know more about things, people or events.
* Taking responsibilities
* Is involved in his/her scope for action, while appreciating the limits. Meets his/her commitments and accepts the consequences
* Organizational skills
* Sets priorities, plans actions and methodically monitors their progress by coordinating activities and resources in the best way possible
* Negotiation skills
* Obtains best possible results when conflicting interests are at play, leading to a constructive dialogue.
* Communication skills
* Expresses his/her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
* Decision‐making skills
* Makes clear choices at the right time, communicates them, and accepts the consequences, taking his/her environment into account.
Specific Skills and Qualifications (if required)
* A background in AML-TM processes preferably within Private Banking
* Working knowledge of AML, EDD and KYC regulatory requirements
* Advanced analytical research and investigative skill set including experience with transactional analysis
* High level of analytical skills and problem solving
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear concise manner to peers, direct and senior level management
* Ability to contribute, support and lead efforts to achieve team KPIs, including recommendations to changes in procedures resulting from review finding and quality assurance of analyst case investigation work
* Ability to work independently and use of judgment.
Primary Location: SG-06-Singapore
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 7 years
If interested, please contact email@example.com
(EA Reg no: R1328685)
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684