Founded in 2018, we have a massively ambitious vision to guide every people & HR decision a company will ever make. We call our product a "knowledge engine." It is a super powerful analytics/data platform. It seems crazy until you see our product in action.
You will balance individual contribution and mentorship, and we'll give you as much opportunity as you can handle.
We're looking for a VP of Engineering who would help define and execute against our visionary product roadmap. You will balance individual contribution and mentorship, and we'll give you as much opportunity as you can handle. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and for us!) as we grow.
- Understand our tech infrastructure at a very high level. We will pair you up with an onboarding buddy to help you get up to speed
- Start building an engineering-centric employer brand: speak on panels, encourage open source contributions, blog posts about non-proprietary aspects of our technology architecture/usage, etc.
- Participate in roadmapping and architecture discussions
- Collaborate with our product manager and product designer to deliver a low/medium sized project
- Up-level team productivity and speed by introducing or revising processes
- Coordinate closely with the people/recruiting team on hiring strategy
- Lead complex projects from inception to deployment and drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our users
- Identify, evaluate, and define improvements to the existing infrastructure and product
- Mentor and support other engineers on the team. Evangelize high quality software engineering practices
- Managed real scale: built and delivered products that have scaled in the market, with a track record of shipping industry-leading products on tight timelines; designed and executed the underlying processes that made this happen.
- Inspirational leadership: speaks externally on a regular basis to help build our brand.
- You've worked on a high-velocity product team. You understand how to build systems that enable fast product iteration. You're comfortable weighing trade-offs between functionality, quality, and technical debt. (You may have been an early engineer/technical cofounder at an early-stage company.)
- Strong technology fundamentals and the ability to make high impact decisions about the long term viability/scalability of technical solutions. Communication via system design diagrams and ability to toggle between breadth and depth
- Great communicator: structured, clear, great listener, can boil complex concepts into straightforward ideas; also knows whom to involve, when, and how.